Fire guts 12 shops, restaurant in Sopore in north Kashmir

At least a dozen shops and a restaurant were gutted in a massive fire in Sopore town of north Kashmir?s Baramulla district on Tuesday.

Reports said that mysterious fire engulfed a dozen shops at General Bus stand Sopore in wee hours today.

They said that the fire broke out in a poultry shop belonging to Manzoor Ahmad Khan and spread to adjacent shops around 5.30 am.

A restaurant and dozen-odd shops were completely damaged and goods worth lakhs of rupees were also destroyed in the fire incident, believed to be caused by short circuit.

Fire tenders and locals rushed to the spot to douse the flames.