Fire breaks out at South City Mall in Kolkata

0
6

A major fire broke out at South City Mall in Kolkata on Sunday morning and as many as 15 fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Two hydraulic ladders were also pressed into service. Disaster Management Group officials are stationed outside the mall.

Since the entire third floor was engulfed in smoke, firefighters put on oxygen masks to reach the spot where the fire was.

The fire broke out at around 9.15am on the third floor of the mall, where the food court is housed. While no injuries were reported in the incident, all those who had reached the mall to watch the day’s first movie show were safely evacuated.

“Prima facie it seems the fire was caused due to a short circuit. No one was trapped inside the mall. We are trying to douse the fire as soon as possible,” said Kolkata Mayor Sovan Chatterjee.

Meanwhile, the electricity supply has been disconnected in the mall.

LEAVE A REPLY